Children’s cancer is a growing reality in Malawi. Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital in Blantyre is the only tertiary care center providing diagnosis and treatment for children with cancer in Malawi at the SOBO Oncology ward. The hospital diagnoses around 30% of the 1,000 expected annual cases in Malawi.
- Sobo Children’s cancer ward constructed by the company required support for the growing demand for treatment of Children’s cancer.
- To improve the service conditions of the patients
- Give support to the health workers
- Show our support for the fight against children’s Cancer
We provide the following support;
- Infrastructure support
- Rehabilitation of the ward’s
- Furnishing and beddings
- Sobo Squash donations
- 20 years of health care support (1998-2018)
- Cancer treatment and service to children under the age of 18 years.
- The ward admits between 25-30 patients
- The ward see between 230-270 children on admission and outpatients